The tools and skills you need in
Educating for sustainability
Live interaction with our
Join Green Educators global
Receive a digital credential
Green Educator Foundations Course
A learning journey to exchange ideas, access know-how, share resources, and build relationships. Experience live interactions with Green School Bali educators, interactive discussion boards, and guided self-reflective practices. All within an intimate and supportive environment, alongside a group of motivated educators from all corners of the globe.
Learn the tools and approaches used by Green School to foster a ‘wall-less’ learning environment
Learn how to
- Understand the wider definition of sustainability and the importance of education for sustainability
- Reflect and be aware of your personal teaching practice and the new behaviors to implement a transformative practice
- Make a shift from conventional education to wall-less paradigm of education
- Develop plans and create new models and strategies that promote learners curiosity, engagement, and critical and innovative skills
- Implement a values-based education model as the central guide for learning experiences
- The Education Revolution
- Defining Sustainability
- Educating for Sustainability
- Developing a Sustainability Mindset
- The Sustainability Compass
- The Green School Mission and Framework
- Critical Chaos
- Beyond Ecophobia
- Learning Cycles
- Transformative Practice
- Reflective Practice
- The Sustainable Development Goals
- Permaculture Principles
- Holistic Education
- The Three Frames of Learning
- The Green School Skills
- Values-based Learning
- Relationship-centered learning
- Mixed Age Learning
- Indoor and Outdoor
- Classroom and Community
- Integrated Learning
You can follow the Foundations course in the way that fits you best
[Online] Interactive Foundations Course
Follow the course alongside with other educators and be part of 5 synchronous online workshops. One for each module
[Online] Self-paced Foundations Course
Explore the core concepts around which Green School was developed. Follow the course online, at your own pace.
Why join the Green Educators Program?
Teacher's Guide to Ocean Climate Action
Green School Bali and Parley have joined forces to protect the oceans through education with a common belief: the future of our planet depends on educating and challenging everyone in becoming creative change-makers.
This course has been designed for educators so they may effectively use the self-paced materials freely available through Green School and Parley platforms. The guide provides understanding and strategies on how the materials can be brought into any classroom environment and create impactful Education for Sustainability.
What's in the program?
For the Love of the Oceans
Just how big are the Oceans? What’s in them? Why do we need to protect them, and why should I care? What are you most passionate about?
When you combine ‘Bad Plastics’ with ‘Bad Decisions’, you can imagine the result is not good … (in fact, it’s really BAD).
You are what you buy. Are you linear or circular?
Global Warming. Sea level rise. CO2, Rainforests. The Paris Agreement. Polar Bears. What do you know about climate change?
Teacher's Guide to OCA
Do you want to turn your classroom into a Climate Activist Hub?
Check out the Teacher’s Guide to Ocean Climate Action in partnership with Parley for the Oceans. Let’s get inspired!